We are always looking for foster carers to help care and rehome rescue dogs of all shapes and sizes. Foster care is crucial for us not just because of a shortage of space at the shelter but because it gives us an opportunity to assess temperament and whether the dog gets along with other animals and children.
To be a foster carer, you must:
• Have a secure home with a fully fenced yard;
• Be easily contactable by phone;
• Have any other animals in your care vaccinated and de-sexed;
• If renting, have a pet permission letter from your landlord;
• Be able to get the animal back to our shelter in Batlow if needed; and
• Have a LOT of love to give!
We occasionally have other animals in need of fostering but it is mostly needed for our dogs. If you are interested in fostering, please speak to one of our volunteers through Facebook messaging or call our Foster Care Coordinator, Jess on 0413 016 970.